Impactful healthcare provided by kind people so Western New Yorkers can achieve their dreams and goals.
We build a healthier Western New York where all enjoy high quality and individualized healthcare. We achieve this through cultivating strategic partnerships, leading clinical practice, maintaining stable finance, advancing technological infrastructure and promising community participation.
Neighborhood Health Center believes the patient is the center focus and maintains these core values:
- Respect: We respect each patient's individuality, dignity and confidentiality. We serve each patient with compassion and empathy. We respect the right of patients to be informed and participate in shared decision-making.
- Responsiveness: We believe in a kind, compassionate, comprehensive, patient-centered, holistic approach for all regardless of level of opportunity or current circumstances.
- Access: We provide services to those who seek care without discrimination. No patient is turned away. Patients are offered the opportunity to learn and agree to the rights and responsibilities of care partnerships.
- Integrity and Honesty: We uphold high ethical standards to ensure patients and the community can rely on NHC for honesty, integrity and transparency in all we do.
- Quality and Safety: We follow proven best practices to maintain excellence in clinical delivery. Patient safety is of utmost importance and quality improvement and assurance is continuously monitored. Unreasonable risks are never taken.
- Teamwork: We value our employees, board members and volunteers. We act with kindness and compassion to each other. Each team member provides an important part of a larger team that is responsible for patient care and satisfaction and is accountable to the community.
- Sustainability: We are prudent stewards of the resources available to us and provide the highest quality services at the most reasonable cost.
- Community: We are part of the community. We collaborate with other community partners and resources in all matters for the overall benefit of the community. We listen to what the community needs and evolve NHC services accordingly.
- Inclusivity and Equity: We value inclusiveness and diversity and recognize historical and institutional barriers to health equity. We strive to reflect the multicultural populations we serve and incorporate this understanding of our differences into the care we provide.
- Openness: We value effective and transparent communication. We encourage the expression of emotions, concerns and ideas of all stakeholders.